Monday, February 14, 2011

Three little birds



These sweet little birds on on their way to my friend Lizz for her daughter's bedroom. I'm not sure if they are more for Lizz or if they will be actual toys:). This project was so fun! I love making little things like these. My kids never seem to appreciate them though, so I don't make them very often.

We are so very close to having Mary's room done. I still have the paint the darn door at least one more time. There just wasn't time this weekend. We (John) got the doorknob on, the closet doors back up, the headboard attached to the bed frame, hung up some new book slings I made (pics soon, one is in the do over pile already), and got Mary's ribbon board back up.


I used some of the fabric from her nursery curtains (from our old house) and some red ribbon. It was pink with white ribbon before, but wouldn't have matched the walls.

We are so close to having this room done! I found the perfect fabric on Etsy for some new curtains. The lady is currently out of it, so I am waiting. She should get it this week. Hopefully next week I'll have it and can make them up. I still need to find a couple lamps and pull a few more small details together. It looks like a new room already just with the change of paint though.

Ellie is sick today. I think she just has a cold. We are snuggled up on the couch watching cartoons. She's already taken one nap, and I think she's headed towards another. Maybe I'll take one too.

No comments: