Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday/before/here we go again.


We're working around Mary's stuff for as long as we (er, JOHN) can. Today's task is to trim out the windows. In the above picture the old trim is off the windows and laying on the floor. John's out in the garage cutting the new trim.


Here's the other side of the room. I'm going to paint the closet doors with chalkboard paint just like I did in Ellie's room. I have the pink paint for the walls, but it is going to be a few days before I can paint. John's patching a huge hole in the wall where the old intercom used to be. It will take several coats of mud and the dry time between coats is 24 hours. John also has to make the new baseboards, install them, and put in the quarter round. Then, I paint. And paint. Pink walls with white trim. I think it's going to look super cool with her red desk and her new red headboard.

Mary's sick. Poor thing. We are taking it easy today (well, everyone but John!). If no one else gets sick, and we stay on schedule, I am hoping to have this room painted and put back together (less the doors) next Sunday night. If we accomplish this, it will be our quickest turn around yet in this house. (We did the same thing to most of the rooms in our old house too.)

No comments: