Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some assembly required



I like knitting things. I do not like the finish work. I wish I could just knit and be done. But for these gourds I had to knit, felt, dry, stuff, make the little segment parts, knit the stems and then sew them on. Whew.


I have no idea what I am going to to with so many of these. And yet I want to make more. I still have the ones that were white, then green and ugly. Now they are dark blue/purple and still ugly. They are wet. I'll probably stuff them when they are dry. Or maybe I'll do it next year.

The TV fairy came! Woot! Unfortunately the Get-rid-of-the-old-HUGE-TV-and MASSIVE-TV-cabinet fairy has not come yet. It's probably going to be a couple weeks at least as we already have weekend plans this weekend and next.

Ellie's thrown all the gourds on the floor. Now Louise is batting them around. Maybe they are just toys?

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Those are great holiday gifts. The kids' teachers will love them! I loooove mine. I have it on the piano year round. I like it so much! I could help you out and take more! hehehehe

Karen