Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today

Today we found a frog (or a "rog" if you are Ellie) in the yard. I don't think Ellie understood it was real. She kept saying "rog! rog! rog!" and then it hopped. She SQUEALED. I told her it was hopping. Then she proceeded to say "hop, hop, hop" until it moved again. And she SQUEALED. Then we petted it. She jumped around and stomped her feet. "ROG!!!!" It was amazing to see it through her eyes. She was completely amazed. Every time it jumped, she jumped back and laughed.

Today Miss Mary asked "Mom, how does a baby come out of your body?" Eeek! It was right before bedtime. I said "you go to the hospital and the doctor helps you." That was my answer I gave her once before when she asked a similar question. She said "no, I mean, where does it come out of your body? How does the doctor do it?" I said "hmm, well, now that I think about it the doctor doesn't really do that much but stand there and make money." Then she asked me what the doctor does with the money. John told her the doctor uses it to buy ponies. End of conversation. Whew.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: