Sunday, April 18, 2010

TV stand...after

First, let remind you of the before:


And after:


I paid $40 for the dresser and the mirror (you can sort of see it backwards and upside down behind the dresser in the before pic). We're keeping the mirror. I'll find a use for it some day. So the dresser as I am using it wasn't really the full $40. I used primer and paint we had. We also had the paint brushes, rollers, etc. I bought the glaze. It was $17, but I used maybe 1/5 of it. Probably less. I had the wipe on poly. I bought the spray paint for the handles. It was $6.99. I used less than half of it. I can't believe I'm replacing our huge $700 TV cabinet with something that was under $50 including the supplies to completely revamp it. But the old one is large and takes way too much room in our tiny living room. I am not sure what we are going to do with it though. We pretty much need someone to come and take it out of here. There's no way John and I can get it out of the house ourselves.

Still waiting on the TV fairy too. But I think he is waiting to figure out what to do with the old TV and cabinet. I think if the TV fairy just had to drive to the store and get his new TV, he would have already done it.

No comments: