Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thank you, Grandpa Dave!

Grandpa Dave (aka John's Dad) brought us some yummy food from his garden! He brought some last week too, but we ate it before I could get a picture.

Last night I made spaghetti with meat sauce. I cut up a couple green peppers and one tomato and cooked it with the meat. YUM! Mary loves to find the bites of food mixed in with whatever dish we are having and saying--"Oh!! This is from Grandpa!" She also ate probably half a tomato by herself yesterday.

Here's pair number 2 of longies. Pair 3 is just started. It takes forever to wind the yarn into a ball. I actually saw something on the internet that often Purewool comes all tangled up and is a pain to wind. Mine hasn't been too twisted, but it does seem to take longer than usual.

I don't usually knit as much on the weekend, so pair 3 probably won't be done until Monday night. I am not sure if I am going to make pair number 4 next. I think I might knit something else. Knitting the same pattern over and over gets boring quick.

Yesterday Mary and I went to Grandpa and Grandma's pool. It's right next door. We had so much fun. I was a little worried about taking her without John, but he was working. Mary is such a good listener. She was patient with me and knows I just can't move as fast as I used to. When we were done, John was actually walking down from our house. So he, Mary and Grandpa Dave went to look at the new horses that arrived last week. John said Dave was pretty surprised that Mary could already tell them apart (which is actually pretty easy--one is gray and the other is chestnut) and told them both the new horses names. Plus good old Chico, who has lived there for a year already. We tried to pet the new horses last weekend and I wanted to take a picture, but they were still really nervous with their new surroundings. Maybe I'll take the camera back today when we go swimming.

I am trying to take it easy this weekend. But I do have a decent amount of energy. John's got Mary outside "helping" rake some grass. I think I might do some housework.

2 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

YUM YUM! I love fresh produce! Especially when you know the gardener...There is such a difference in taste between grocery store produce and locally grown....

Those pants look great!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're doing well!