Thursday, July 31, 2008

a good report!

I am in great spirits this afternoon! Mary and I had a fun morning. We did crafts and she got her bangs trimmed. She stayed with John while I went to to the doctor, and they had lunch together. I worried she'd be melting down when I got home because it was nap time, but she was fine. John went back to work, and I put her down for her nap without a fight. When she got up on my lap, she said "oh, HI! nursie boobie" in the sleepiest little voice I have ever heard. Then she hummed along while a sang to her. It was such a sweet moment. Every day when she falls asleep on my lap, I have a little bit harder time putting her in bed. I just want to sit there and hold her and watch her sleep. Even though I need the "me" time while she naps in her bed, it's really hard to let go of her these days.

The doctor appointment went well. I was worried about it for some reason. I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, but apparently they aren't "doing" anything. My weight was the same as two weeks ago (thank goodness, I really don't want to gain another pound!!!), blood pressure was excellent. The baby is head down and has dropped. I go weekly now until the end. I have a feeling the next 28 days are going to fly by. I am excited though. I cannot wait to meet this little person inside me.

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

GOOD NEWS! YAY! It helps when the head gets engaged! Not much more to go...Seems like it has gone fast. You really do well when pregnant! I can't wait to see pictures and know the gender! Although I guess "Firecracker" is gender neutral!