Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm not the only one nesting


Check out this little bird! We hung up 5 birdhouse gourds this summer. John's Dad grew them in his garden last year. We thought they'd be more for decoration than for birds, but what a treat to see one in use. This one is in a cherry tree right next to my hosta garden and Mary's sandbox. Yesterday while Mary played in the sand, I watched this bird take sticks and other small items into the gourd. It was so cool. I was surprised that it wasn't too scared with Mary right there. I hope I see it again this afternoon when we go out.

I got my dishcloth project done! woohoo! I need to take some pics and send them out in the mail tomorrow. Next up, dyeing prefolds and making a couple more diapers.

2 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

that is soo cool!
you can make lots of neat things with gourds....make some instruments! they are fun to paint up!

Janis said...

The dish cloths are so cool! Thank you so much. *love*

Janis