Another project done, which means only 3 million to go before the baby arrives in 6 weeks. It's the Tailgate Rag Rug from the book Mason Dixon Knitting. I started this bad boy in March as soon as I bought the book with some Christmas money. Then I had to order the yarn online. I was so excited. About a third of the way in, I thought my hands would fall off. It's knit with 2 strands of double worsted yarn. So it was like trying to force 4 strands of regular yarn over the needles with every stitch. And the cotton just didn't want to move on the needles at all. The edging material is is a pair of old sheets that I ripped up into one inch strips. It iddn't want to be knit either! There was just no give to it. But I pulled it out last week and finished it! I think it's going to be Mary's "step out rug" for her bathroom/bathtub.
I got a package in the mail last week!
Well, now that I think about it, I got more than one package in the mail last week but these are diapers for the baby. The smaller ones should fit for 2 or 3 months and the bigger ones will fit after than until maybe 18 months. I should have hung one of Mary's prefolds on the line with them. They really are pretty small. This weekend, I am going to dye them up with Dylon dyes. I am so excited. It will be my first attempt at dyeing something other than yarn.
This week I am working fast and hard on a set of seven dishcloths for a friend. I started on Sunday and am working on the fourth one. I told her I'd mail them Saturday. Pics to come!
home office progress
2 hours ago