Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cat (and clean bedroom) optional.

Sometimes, I wish I could have fancy pictures for my blog. But let's face it, I don't have time or the energy. I really wanted to get some current pictures of my log cabin blanket. I managed to get the bed cleared off. It was piled with junk as John is out of town, and I sleep in Ellie's bed most of the time.

"What does a cat have to do to get some sleep around here!?!"

Maybe I would have made more of an effort to get a better picture if it hadn't been so cloudy. Most of the ones I took came out super dark. I tried to take a sweet picture of Momma Cat and she just looked like a ball of fur.

So, knitting. Yeah. I am going to finish this blanket in under a year. I started it in late August or early September. It now measures about four feet square. I was hoping that one more time around (all eight colors) would finish it, but now I see that I'll need to go around two more times. Holy cow. This last section nearly killed me. I think there's about 240-250 stitches per row. Twenty rows per section if you count the cast on and the bind off. So somewhere near4,800 stitches in just the off white section I just did.

I left it on the bed all day. I'm getting ready to take a break from it anyway. I loved walking by and seeing it.

"Thanks for the new blanket, now go away."

Fancy pictures to come on a sunny day when this bad boy is complete. Maybe we'll even have the bedroom remodeled and cleaned up by then.



1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

That is beautiful! That will last forever and be so warm!!