Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm not dead.

I am not dead. I am busy. And tired. I sort of forgot about my blog.

I've been knitting pants for Ellie. And I have hat yarn. And scarf yarn. And I worked on my log cabin blanket some more.

I've been decorating for fall too. I've never decorated for fall before, so I'm mainly using what I have.


My sad little mantel, if you can even call it that. I think that's a tiny camel on the fireplace there. Oh well. No time to pick up when you are busy hot gluing fake leaves onto a wreath form. I switched out my Fiesta to some fall-ish colors and bought some cute little gourds from a local pumpkin farm.

I put some stuff out in the dining room too.




See the top book? I think it's from the 1940s. It says pregnant women shouldn't gain over 14 pounds. It also had tons of....interesting....info about nursing a newborn. About how they should only have sugar water for the first day or so in order for the mother to rest up and until her milk started to come in. And the pumpkin art? I did that.



Then I made this wreath. I'd seen something similar online. We have tons of sticks in our yard. But somehow it seemed much smaller when I made it out in the garage. Oh well, I do like it despite its size and it was free. I can always compost it later. 

I haven't given up on the entry way. It's just slow going. I'm holding out on pics until it is completely done. But let's just say that it is to the point in the project where last night I had a beer in one hand and a paint brush in the other...............


No comments: