Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New bed!



I love it! John said it was nice, but didn't really match the room. Silly John. He did say it looked good with the quilt (which was the idea). I love that quilt and the walls will eventually be almost the color of the little brown pillow in the front. The trim will all get replace with more substantial trim and will be white. It's on the to do list for sure. Maybe.....next summer? I want to do Mary's room first, then Ellie's (so I can kick her out of our room. Her bed is still in our room), then ours. John said last night that we could have the girls' rooms done in the next 6 months. He regretted saying it as soon as it came out of his mouth. I'm holding him to it though.

The bed came out just as I had imagined it. John even custom fit it to the size of the wall for me. Yippie! I am so glad that I have a husband that puts up with me:)

(And, for the record, the bed NEVER looks like this. It is usually unmade. There's a thing that goes on my side to keep Ellie from falling off the bed....it's sort of like a pool noodle that goes under the sheets. I never have the sham pillows on the bed. And the other two pillows go on the rocking chair that's in our room. I just wanted to see it fancy one time though.)

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Hey you have mastered the shabby chic look on furniture. can you share your tips...or point me in the direction of some that helped you???

Miss ya!Karen