Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another week flying by.....

Where is summer going? It's only 2.5 weeks until school starts. This week Mary's attending a camp at the local environmental center. She's having a blast. Ellie and I are getting a glimpse of what life will be for us once school starts. It will be strange for me to be down to just one kid for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I'm still plugging away on the dining room. John finished up the window trim last night. We're using 1x4s that John's cutting down to fit, then sanding them, etc. It is slow going because the window (and door) frame sticks out a bit farther than the drywall, so John's had to cut part of the back of each piece off so that it is flush with the wall. It's sort of hard to explain, but it is slow going and a total pain in the ass for John. But it looks amazing when it's done. I love big wood trim. I thought it might be sort of dorky/out of place in our 1965 ranch house, but then I realized I just didn't care. It's our house and we can do whatever we want with it.

Here's a list of things that are done:
Walls primed and painted.
Ceiling primed and paint purchased.
Trim installed and partially painted
Crown molding installed and partially painted.
Crown molding and trim caulked where needed.
Window partially primed.

There's probably more. It feels like we are so close to being done.

Still to do:
Second coat of paint on the crown molding and take down tape (tonight- 40 mins)
Hope that underside of crown molding doesn't need caulked, but if so, caulk that (30 mins-tonight)
Finish up trim painting (tonight- 1 hour) plus take down tape
Paint ceiling (1 hour per coat x 2 coats...this weekend?)
Sand and paint door (time? when? who the heck knows?)
Spray paint doorknob, hope John doesn't think I've lost my mind (weekend?). It's cheaper than replacing it.
Window--finish priming, 2 coats of paint, caulking, washing windows. (1 hour at least per coat.....1 coat primer, 2 coats paint...so Sunday, Monday, Tues??)
Rehang curtain rod (need John's help..Weds?)

I'm doing most of this after the kids are in bed. So 8:30pm until I can't see straight which is usually 10:30 or 11pm.

I'm hoping to be done next Thursday. With everything but the door I guess. We never use it anyway. But I do want to hang it back up.

Next up, entry way/hallway/living room. It's all one big space.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

No comments: