Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ellie's first art project!



Yesterday was one of those days. Long, snowed in, no school, tired, cranky kids and a tired, cranky Momma. But then.....Mary wanted to watercolor. I thought maybe Ellie did too. I gave her a brush and paper. I let her sit at the counter just like Mary was. And for ten minutes, no one cried. No one fought. Mary didn't scream "ELLIE!!!! Leave my stuff alone!!!" Ellie didn't get mad because she can't talk.

They had fun! We could work together on something. Ellie won't be a baby forever. They might actually play together someday without me. Ellie won't always be this tiny, grabby tornado that destroys everything in her path. Ahhhh, life is good.

Then, it was time to stop. Ellie screamed. She cried. She tried to tell me something, but can't talk. She was frustrated. She went boneless. She flopped on the floor. She wanted back up. I don't blame her though, because I feel the exact same way when my craft time is over:).

Here's a picture from Saturday. It's too cold to even go out and take a picture today. Just imagine this with another 8 inches on top. Oh, and then another 2 on top of that as it's coming down hard again today.


The granny blanket is done! It's blocked and ready to go. I still need to get a picture. And mail it ASAP. I was going to do that Saturday, but the roads were closed. I'll mail it this Saturday if I have to walk to town. Errr. Darn snow!!!

Now I'm working on longies. Ellie's legs need to stop growing. I have Mary's old longies, but the are too long and about 3 or 4 inches too big around:).

No comments: