Saturday, February 20, 2010

I cheated on myself.

I couldn't last a month without buying more supplies for more projects.

It started so innocently. There were these candle sticks I'd been eying at Meijer. I liked the shape. The color was....brass. Ick. Well, maybe someone liked them. They were $10 or $12 each. Last week they were 50% off, then this week....75% off! Woot! The small one was $2.49 and the large was $3.24 I think. I've never bought anything new only to come home and paint it, but there's a first time for everything I guess. I have another brass candle stick I bought at the thrift store for $1. I'm going to paint them all black. I'm thinking of just doing them with regular paint (not spray paint) as I could do it at night inside.

But then, I needed candles of course. I thought maybe I'd run to town tomorrow and get some. I got online during Ellie's nap and found a really cool painted eggs project on Dollar Store Crafts. Hmm. When Ellie got up, we went to the Dollar Tree, then JoAnns, then Family Dollar. We took cash. We didn't browse. We got in, got what we needed and got out. If I would have been alone, I would have browsed which would have resulted in more supplies for new projects. Maybe taking Ellie is a good idea! I had about a dollar left in change, so we hit Salvation Army. I found a really pretty silver bowl for 75 cents.

Tonight I primed my clearance candlesticks, and the one I'd had in the basement from the thrift store. In a way that means I'm working on saved up projects, right? I almost went back the the basement to see if anything else needed primer, but figured I should just focus on what I already have started. They look so much better already! I also worked on my Dollar Tree eggs. Mary helped a bit. I think I'll let her finish them tomorrow. At least I didn't just come home and throw the supplies in the closet. I'm hoping to finish up the candlesticks tomorrow night.

I should be knitting. Ugh. I'm not feeling it though. Three pairs of longies in two weeks is apparently my breaking point. I'm only an inch into the legs of this pair. I'm hoping to get them done in the few days. I have yarn for one more pair I want to make before we go on vacation next month.

No comments: