Sunday, February 14, 2010

I must be in love

I am not a lovey dovey person. I'm not usually into Valentine's Day. We've never really celebrated it. But this year, I just felt like it. I ordered John a little gift a few weeks ago. I made him something too. We are going to exchange gifts/cards/whatever the heck he got me tonight.

Mary and I made salt dough hearts. She gave hers away to grandparents, aunts, uncles, and to us. I kept the ones I made though.


I put them out in the dining room. I smile every time I walk in there.

On Friday, the girls and I did another project.


I hung it up on the kitchen.


I finally finished up this bunting last night and hung it about 11pm! But I can cross it off my to do list.


It's impossible to take a picture out the window of course. I made it from the vintage fat quarters that I get from the consignment shop downtown.

I sewed it using free motion stitching, which is the coolest thing ever! I want to do more projects using free motion sewing. So fun (well, when the machine is behaving, and I'm not about to throw it across the room). I'm glad I have a machine that can do it.


It really is no wonder that my heart if full of love, is it?



*kiss*


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Wow. Ellie is so grown up now. She is cute as can be,...just like her big sis! Can't wait until your visit down! We miss you all!
~Karen