Thursday, February 18, 2010

Focus

I am trying to focus. Maybe I'm just so sick of winter, maybe I'm tired because I have a toddler that doesn't sleep, but I've found myself zoning out to the internet A LOT lately. Way too much. I really don't need to check Facebook/Twitter/my blogroll/my email/the weather 319 times a day. I don't need to check it both before and after breakfast, then before and after I clean up after breakfast. Ugh. It just takes 3 to 5 minutes each time, but that adds up. So I'm trying hard to stay off the computer.

Plus, when I focus, I can get 2!! pairs of longies done in 10 days.



Hopefully they will last Ellie the rest of the winter. I have a third pair about half way done, but need to wind up another skein of yarn before I can continue.

Instead of going straight to the computer and TV after Ellie was asleep last night, I cleaned the girls' bathroom, then dusted and organized my desk. Then I had my TV and internet time. And when I went to bed, I didn't think "ugh, I didn't do anything today! I wish the bathroom wasn't so dirty." When Ellie was awake for an hour at 4am, I wasn't thinking about the dust bunnies on my desk. And I have more time for the girls today because I got those things done while they were asleep. Of course I'm on the computer now, but Ellie's napping and Mary's resting.

Maybe I'll do some more housework tonight. Or knitting. But I really don't want to just sit here for 2 or 3 hours until I reach the end of the internet.

No comments: