Monday, June 23, 2008

Mmmmm, Pie

Yesterday morning I walked out to pick mulberries for a pie. As soon as I stepped off the deck, I could smell the berries. The tree is completely covered in them. I had no problem picking the 6 cups I need.
I think I am going to go out today and pick more. I want to freeze them. I wasn't planning on doing that this year, but there are so many that I just can't let them go to waste. There are ripe ones right now, and red ones too that will hopefully be ripe in the next week or so.

I got a lot of painting done on the hutch this weekend. I have one more coat to put on it. I am waiting until John finishes the doors to paint them. I do have a couple coats on the drawers. I really need to find new hardware for them. I am thinking something black. I just had to see what it is going to look like with my Fiesta in it, so I took a couple pieces out to the garage.

I think it's going to look great! I can't wait to see it finished and with all the Fiesta in it. I think Mary and I might try to get the last coat of paint on it today. I swear this hutch was white 25 years ago before Mom had it refinished. Every time I look at it I start to have a memory of looking into a white painted hutch or cabinet. I really wish I knew what I was remembering.

I got the brown/blue/green/purple yarn knitted up. I made it into a diaper wrap instead of a soaker. The buttons still need to be put on (if I even end up using those) sometime. I made this little soaker this week too. That's it for soakers. I am working on one pair of longies today and then I MUST make diapers.
When I was out on the deck, Mary saw me and asked me to take her picture. I was in a hurry, but it actually came out pretty well. She loves playing in that down spout! Hours of fun! Then she finds some dirt and makes mud.

I hope you had a good weekend too. Sorry there's no picture of the pie! We ate it all last night:). John's Mom and Step-Dad helped us with it (Mary just ate ice cream). And they gave us 3 starts off their red raspberry bush, so hopefully in a few years we'll have raspberries too.

3 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

YUM! PIE!!!! The hutch looks awesome! You must be in your third trimester! You are full of energy! :)

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Also forgot to tell you...Mary looks like she has a devious look on her face! I recognize the look! Mine get it a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

I love how the hutch is turning out. It's going to look great with all your fiesta in it. :)