Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Would you like cookies with that?

After you finish your hamburger, you should have some cookies and tea. Two of the cookies are for Mary, and 4 of them are being shipped off in the mail this afternoon. These cookies are my last yarn project for a while. I am going to drag out the sewing machine and try to make some diapers for the baby. I am not the world's best at sewing, so who knows if anything will actually come of trying.

We are also working on an old hutch that Mom gave me. It has a beautiful natural finish on it, but the shelves are so warped that the hutch can't be used anymore. I want my vintage Fiesta in it, but every time we walked by the hutch everything banged and rattled so much I took it all out. So the hutch is in the garage. John's going to put new shelves in it and work on the doors and drawers. Currently they are all so out of square that they don't shut right. Then we are going to paint it white so that the Fiesta will show up better. I'd like to add lighting, but the lights I want are a bit expensive so that will have to wait. I hope to get started with sanding it tonight.

2 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Those look yummy! i bet they are trans fat free...unlike the real ones!

Angie said...

I love Fiesta! Your hutch will look wonderful when it's done. Your cookies are so cute!