Thursday, August 25, 2011

a small project



After wrestling the bedskirt, log cabin blanket, the roman shades, and Mary's quilt, I needed a small project. Something both physically small and quick to make.

I started last night at 10pm. I ironed/measured/cut/sewed until 11:30pm. I finished it up this morning after I took Mary to school. Ellie worked at the dining room table with me, making some sort of craft using scissors, tape, and construction paper. She cut up a bunch of my fabric scraps too. We had such a good morning.

I've wanted to make this bag for a while. It is supposed to be for a child (based on the size), but it was almost the size of my current purse. So I just made the strap longer, and I was good to go. The exterior is a piece of brown denim from Mamaw Judy's stash. I had the lining fabric in my own stash.


It isn't perfect, but I think it's cute! Of course now I want to try to make another one, this time with a zippered pocket on the inside. I'm out of interfacing though, so it will have to wait.

It was so nice to do an easy project. I already even have the ironing board and sewing machine put away. Too bad my entire fabric stash is dumped out of the craft closet and all over the entry way floor. I guess I know what I will be doing tonight.


No comments: