Thursday, August 18, 2011

Slow going bedroom progress.

The other day, I walked out of our bathroom and into the bedroom. I wondered what on earth was taking me so long to finish decorating it. Then I remembered I'm sort of a one woman show. John did help a lot with the construction type things. Between painting the walls, trim, and ceilings, and finishing the log cabin blanket, it's just time consuming.

Still to do: decorate the bathroom (need art for 2 places), make and hang the roman shade (almost ready), and then make a bedskirt for our bed. And then maybe a couple more pillows. I take them all off every night and put them all on every morning, so hopefully John won't mind looking at a few more.

new pillow covers....again!

I had the second ruffled case cut, seamed, and the ruffles made. I was set to sew the back to the front. Then I sat and carefully pulled out all the stitching, and cut what was the front in half. I sewed up the two cases and the used craft paint with a fabric medium for the stripes. I'm much happier with them now. Next up, bedskirt. I hope I can do it. It will be out of drop cloths like the shams.

I'm blogging from the floor of Mary's room. Mary's cleaning. Ellie is our dog, Pickles. Pickles has a dog bed, blankets, stuffed animals, food, water, and a dog bone. She seems like a happy little dog. I've been told that I need to sit here until Mary is done cleaning. I might be here a while.





No comments: