Wednesday, November 24, 2010

At 1a.m....when I can't sleep.....

So last night I fell asleep while putting Ellie to bed. I woke up from my nap at 9:45ish. And I was wide awake. I knitted. I cleaned. I knitted more. I surfed. I hated myself a bit. Then at 12:45am, I thought I heard Ellie waking to nurse. So I went to bed. Turns out she wasn't awake. But I still was. Grrr. I started thinking about Christmas decorations. I've done the same centerpiece in the dining room for years now. I need a change and for cheap as usual.

Did I mention a while back that I found a second candle holder that matched one I'd purchased months ago at Salvation Army? And there's no way the second one was there for months. I would have seen it. I'd painted the first one black when I got it. I've been using it in the living room. I am going to paint them both red and use them in my centerpiece. These things are what make me happy at 1a.m. when I can't sleep. This morning I bought two hurricanes at Dollar Tree. Here's what I have so far:


I actually like the idea of them white, but the white one is all scratched up and the white itself is sort of a peachy white. Not my style. So, fingers crossed, it will be warm enough in the garage tomorrow to paint them red. Left candle holder: 50 cents, right one 25 cents. Hurricanes were a dollar each. The candles are from my fall centerpiece. I had the tray. I'll add some ornaments in with the pine cones. And maybe add something to the hurricanes.

After I saw this in my head, all red and cheery, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

No comments: