Tuesday, November 23, 2010

(almost) finished tree skirt




Just before the sun started going down (you know--at 4:30pm. errrr) I snapped a couple pictures of my tree skirt. 



The binding has little white dots on it which are a bit hard to see in the pictures. I am so glad I didn't go with solid red as planned. None of the plain reds in the store looked good, so I went with this. The back is a slightly marbled blue. I love it. The pattern called for fabric ties, but I found them too fussy to make. I am going to get some wide red ribbon and sew it on instead.

It certainly isn't perfect, but for my second ever free motion quilting project, I am happy with it.

The tree goes up Thursday night!

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

This is beautiful. I can't imagine using it seasonally! It is amazing. I like the free form quilting too. I am afraid to try that. I may have to now!!!!