Sunday, January 25, 2009

Three years!

I seriously cannot believe that Mary is three years old today! We had a huge party for her yesterday. Eighteen people in our tiny house, but it worked out fine. The party was a lot of fun, but Mary was a bit overwhelmed. She loves her presents though. We played all day today. John and Mary got to go out in the snow a bit too, but it was too cold to stay out too long.

Three days old! (she still makes this same face at least once a day)

Three years old! (and totally overwhelmed by 16 people singing to her)

Notice how I'm singing and trying not to bust out laughing as I keep her from running away? Good times! And see the cake? I had the chocolate icing on it, and got the pink out to write "Happy Birthday Mary!" on it. But she wanted to help. I told her she could watch. That didn't satisfy her. I told her I WAS going to write it, and she needed to stay back. Then I realized that was awful, and that if she wanted to decorate it I should let her. John watched as smoke was coming out my ears. Okay, not really. But it was close. I still wish I could have had it MY way.

Miss Ellie learned a new trick in honor of Mary's birthday!
Three or four days ago I noticed Ellie could almost sit up. Then Saturday she could do it for 30 seconds. Today she could do it for a minute or two. Mary was about 7 months old when she could sit up like this. We're amazed! Ellie is growing up too quick.

4 comments:

sara said...

happy birthday mary!! we hope you all had a wonderful day! it looks like fun.
i like ellie's necklace! she looks so big sitting up!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Happy Birthday Mary!! Amelia is STILL working on Mary's gift. She continues to add paint and glitter. I hope she finishes some day soon...or at least before her 4th birthday!!!!!

Ellie is so big now!

You look great!!! :) Have a good week! :)

Janis said...

((Mary)) *whispers* Happy Birthday smartie pants!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mary!
My, how the time flies.