Saturday, January 3, 2009

I have a lot to say, but no time to say it

It's so hard to get anything done when Ellie only takes 20 min naps. But, here goes.

Christmas was good. Tiring, but good. Three days, three parties. Then a trip to Grandma's on the 27th. Then a trip to Indy to have Ellie's hearing tested (it's fine, she didn't pass the state mandated newborn screening, and there is no place here in town to have more advanced tests done). I'm so ready for a normal week that it isn't even funny.

It's a new year and I've been thinking about that a lot. I don't really make resolutions, but do have some things I'd like to accomplish this year. I told John that this year I don't want to have a baby (2006), move (2007) or have another baby (2008). Speaking of my babies, Ellie is 4 months old today and Mary is going to be 3 in 3 weeks! I already have Mary's gifts, and I think I'm just going to serve a big pot of chili for her b-day so that should be an easy party. Or maybe I won't cook at all. Well, the cake.

I'm working on a pair of longies for Ellie. Then I think I'm done knitting for a while. I think I want to make some crafty stuff for the house, but I am not sure what. I want to learn to sew better. I want to decorate and organize the house a little better.

Stuff i want to make this year:
Christmas wreath i started but don't finish
Ellie's blanket
Knitted/felted Christmas stockings for the girls
other stuff I can't think of :)

Yup, hard to blog with two kids needing you. So much for 'rest' time.

2 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Have a great week! I hope you guys are doing better than we are! We cannot get back into a routine since Kevin is back at work! We all got so used to him being here! UGH!

Anonymous said...

wow. I got exhausted just reading that!

-Karen (Kwab)