Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Flying solo

John's out of town for a few days for work. I could have gone with him, but all of us in the car for 5 hours didn't sound like that much fun. So here I am with the girls. It's the first time he's been gone for work since Ellie was born. Speaking of Ellie--she was two months old yesterday! Time flies!

Yesterday went okay. The afternoon got pretty long and after dinner was sort of crazy, but I got through it. Mary and I were trying to wash dishes, but Ellie was in a bad mood. Have you ever tried to nurse a mad, tired baby and wash dishes with one hand? I'm sure it was comical. I finally got Ellie calmed down, and she let me put her in the ring sling. I washed a few more things, then put her down half asleep and quickly finished the last few items. She started fussing as soon as I let the water out of the sink. I was worried about bedtime, but it went fine. Ellie slept at the foot of Mary's bed while I nursed Mary to sleep. The good thing is that now that Mary no longer naps, she falls asleep in about 10 minutes at night. I hope things go as smoothly tonight (for bedtime at least, last night itself is a different story. I did enjoy sleeping with both girls, although "sleep" might not be the right word for it.).

Mary was up bright and early thanks to the time change! Ugh. Ellie was up too, so we just got up. We have a lot to do today anyway. I've already made breakfast, fed the cats, cleaned the litter boxes, and started the washer to do the diapers. After cartoons, I need to shower, get both girls dressed and then go into town for a bit. Tonight we are going to dinner down at John's Dad's house. Hopefully today will be busy enough that it moves a little quicker for me.

I need to knit! I got two pair of Mom's wrist warmers done, but I'm not very excited about the third pair. I am going to try to start it tonight while I watch election coverage. That is, if Ellie will behave while I knit, and if Mary stays asleep after I put her to bed. Even if I don't start tonight, I think I can start as late as Thursday morning and still be done when she gets here Saturday to pick them up.

Off to get more coffee!! Although I think I might actually need something a bit stronger to get through this day........

Don't forget to VOTE!

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

i heart those gloves so much...i shrunk (sob) one of my favorite wool sweaters and i am thinking of making some fingerless gloves out of the sleeves. there is a great tutorial at A Foothill home companion....fyi
have a good weekend!