Monday, February 20, 2012

What comes down....

Can go back up!

Use #319 for dining room paneling.

I wanted the basement shelves to have built in look when John made them. But since the actual shelves were the last step of a 6 month project, we just decided not to do it. When I recently decided to paint the paneling going down the stairwell and put up cabinets in there, I asked John to go ahead and work on the shelving unit again. For some crazy reason, he agreed. He faced the front of the shelves too and added trim to the top. He's still working on the side. He ran out of trim and is at Lowes right now.

Front view.

Two years ago.

It's not the same view, but that's what it looked like before John started working on it this weekend. It's hard to believe it's been two years.I can't wait to get it painted and get the new curtains (which aren't even made yet) hung up across them. I should be able to start priming that tonight after the girls are in bed. I'll start working on the stairwell too. The paneling is impossible to paint white. It will take several coats.

Look at the ceiling, not the laundry!

I am so glad to finally have the hole in the ceiling patched. I have no idea why I didn't do it sooner.

I have a feeling my spring pillows are not going to get made this month. But if we get the basement done (again), I will be happy.



No comments: