Wednesday, June 22, 2011

When in doubt, ask a five year old.

Almost done!

I finished quilting Mary's blanket! It isn't perfect, but I did my best. I thought about running another set of diagonal rows the other way, but in the end it was just too much work. My original inspiration only had quilting lines going one way, and I liked the simplicity of it. I still didn't know what color to bind it off with though. I took Mary with me to pick something out. When I saw the blue in the store, it seemed too bright. I wanted a lighter blue. But Mary loved this one. It's perfect with the quilt. I am so glad she picked this fabric. It has little light blue flowers on it. I'm working to blind stitch it on. I'm about half way done. I should be able to finish it up tonight. It seems this project has taken forever! I cannot wait to wash it up and give it to her.

(and then start the next project of course!)

John worked on the house a bit while we were out of town. I have so much new trim to paint. I'll be painting the windows in our master bedroom and bathroom first. John still has wood left, so he said that we could go ahead and put in new baseboards and door trim too. Then I can paint the bedroom! I'm so excited. It feels like a long time since we've done a big house project. I have some big plans for our room. New window coverings, a new bed skirt, painting the side tables, new lamps (if/when I can find something I like). Busy, busy! I really want to get my log cabin blanket done too. I'd love to get it all done by Ellie's b-day which is when I started knitting the blanket last year.

But for now, dirty laundry is calling. Fun stuff!





No comments: