Well, I don't have pictures, but I do have a project done! I am so excited. It's just four wooden picture frames I painted white. I have no idea why it took so long. Oh, yes I do. First, I primed them. Then I gave them a coat of paint, then another. Well, I should have used a better brush or something. Or maybe they were fake wood that refused to be painted. So, I hit them with spray paint. I didn't like the color. So back to brushing layers on. I think I did three more. Then I gave them a couple coats of wipe on poly. I was feeling good! Woot! I went and got the mats I'd purchased for $1 each on sale. They were white, and would take my 8x10 frames and make them for 4x6 pictures. The plan was to hang them with pictures of the girls. But then I realized I haven't printed pictures for a year! Ugh. I looked down at the mats, and realized they needed to go vertically, not horizontally as I had planned. Ugh. The holes for the pictures aren't in the center. They are a bit towards the top. I can't believe I didn't notice that when I bought them. But, I was going to finish the project! I hadn't given up. I decided to just stick some cute scrapbook paper I already had in them instead of waiting to print current pictures. I gathered my papers, tape, mats and frames. I got them all set. I was feeling good. I'd had this project going for at least two months. I was so close to being done. BUT the backs wouldn't fit on the frames. The mats were too thick. No matter how I tried, it just wasn't working. I (we) began to think of how else we could secure the matted pictures in the frames. John said he'd try. I guess he tried too hard--- the glass broke. I was starting to think that I should just quit. But I didn't. I dug up another 8x10 frame that I'm not currently using and took the glass out. John cut down the backs of the frames and we used glazier's points to hold the backs on. I had John hang them for me in the guest bedroom. Finally. A project done! Pictures to come when I get some new batteries.
Until then, I'll be crocheting on my baby blanket. I've got 5 of 11 rows done.
making way for hardwoods | ripping up carpet
10 hours ago