Friday, March 27, 2009

busy, busy

I feel like we've been so busy the last couple weeks, yet I feel like I haven't done a darn thing. Ah, life. Last weekend we went to Ft. Wayne to John's Grandma's 85th birthday. Now Mary has a cold. And we are leaving Monday for a week in Evansville. I haven't really had time to knit. I've been super tired for some reason. Ugh.

But, I have a few pics. First, my shrug. So, I found this pattern on Ravelry. I loved how it looked, so I bought the yarn and took off. I noticed that a couple people noted it took more yarn than the pattern called for and also that the sleeves ended up shorter than they wanted. I knit the entire thing, and it was awful!!! Argh!!!! So, I thought about it. I figured I could take the general shape of the shrug and knit it more to my liking. I love the way it turned out!!!

Don't mind the funny look on my face. I was talking to Mary through the back door. She was freaking out because I wouldn't let her out with me. Oh, and don't mind the bags under my eyes. I plan on sleeping when I'm dead.

So, that was one part of Project 33--to make something for myself. I still have one more thing I want to make for myself out of some pretty yarn my friend Sarah sent me. Hopefully I'll get to it this summer. While I'm thinking about Project 33, I am still doing my push ups, though it is taking longer than 6 weeks. I'm cool with that. I continue to do more each week. When I started I could only do 7 push ups. Yesterday's workout I did the following sets: 20, 25, 20, 20, 29.

Next up, a skirtie for Ellie. This pic is of it wet, so the colors are a bit off. I still need to make a drawstring and it will be ready to go.





Ellie's asleep in my left arm, and I'm typing one handed so I think I better call this entry done.

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

the shrug rocks!

and you look great! :)

can't wait to see you guys! :)
~karen