Monday, February 2, 2009

Project 33: a challenge

So, I didn't want my resolution to be "I'm going to lose weight this year." I just had a baby (well, not "just" since she's five months old tomorrow) so I do have weight to lose, but I didn't want to focus on that. I want eating better and exercise to be my focus. But I didn't have anything specific in mind. Until Saturday. John told me about this program that can help a person do 100 pushups in 6 weeks. So, I looked it up (googled 100 pushups). I took the initial test Saturday. I did 7. Not too bad all things considered. So, that puts me in the second level of training. I start today, doing the program 3 times a week for 6 weeks. In theory, at the end of 6 weeks I should be able to do 100 consecutive pushups. Will I? Who knows. Only one way to find out! I assume it will take longer than 6 weeks (if I can't complete a workout, I'll have to do it over until I can), but I do want to try.

I'm also knitting something for myself! It's a wool/alpaca blend shrug with bell sleeves. I'm almost done with the first sleeve. I'm hoping to finish it in a week or so.

Argh, my coffee is cold. That's the only time I wish we had a microwave. (we had a built in at our old house, and didn't buy one when we moved as there isn't much counter space here.)

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

My coffee is always cold. I hate that! Yay for you! Thanking about yourself and making you a priority!

Mary should be getting a package this week.
~karen