Monday, December 13, 2010

working, working, working

Who remodels in December? My friend Sarah is remodeling her kitchen DIY style this month. I am sure there are others too. Ellie just needs her own room NOW. Mainly so I have somewhere to send her for time out!

working with my girls

This picture shows how I get stuff done. I was trying to paint around a million toys and two kids. They were playing baby dolls/animals, crafting, reading, and eating. I bought a box of 10 (small) Christmas cookies, and let them have as many as they wanted. I'm still finding crumbs on the floor. I managed to get all the trim and the walls cut in with primer and then rolled the walls all in one afternoon. I think that was last Thursday. That night I was able to cut in the yellow paint. Over the weekend I got the walls done. Today I got the first coat of white paint on the trim and got it all caulked. I still need to give it another coat. I have the closet doors painted. I have the door to the room primed with one coat of primer. I need to give it another coat of primer and then two coats of paint. I'm doing it down in the basement on saw horses so I can only do one side at a time. I'm hoping to put the furniture in on Saturday!

I've been knitting too!

I have another scarf type thing done too. I need to find a button for it, and block it. Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture.

I have all my shopping done! I am making the girls main gifts. I need to get started on them as soon as I finish Ellie's room.

What on earth will I do in January? Oh, wait! Mary's new twenty dollar desk needs painted as does her five dollar headboard. Not to mention that I secretly wish we could get her room redone by her b-day. I think John would kill me if I suggested it to him though.






No comments: