Monday, May 13, 2013

Makers Gonna Make.

I want this shirt!


I was recently telling some friends that I'd never photograph or talk about all the things I make. Why? Because I'd be embarrassed about how much time I spend crafting/painting/sewing/whatever.



I made these paper pinwheels out of scrapbook paper and painted dowel rods using a tutorial from Miss Mustard Seed. Then they sort of sat on the ironing board for about a week. Maybe they even got moved to the dining room table a couple times. I realized I had no use for them. I couldn't even think of a place that I could stick them. I think I was going to put them in the entry way as part of my spring decorating, but I couldn't remember exactly how I was going to do so.

They sat there long enough that John finally asked me what I was going to do with them.  I didn't know. I just wanted to make them.

They ended up in this pitcher type thingy on top of the hutch in the dining room. I can't say I even really like them. But there they are.



Is that the Easter bunny? What's he still doing out in mid May? Well, he's just a 75 cent thrift store bunny to me. He has the sweetest face and ears. I didn't even have to spray paint him. I did paint that pot with the fern though. Sometimes I just randomly paint stuff with craft paint while I'm cooking dinner.

It really must be true. Makers gonna make.

Speaking of which, back to the sewing machine I go.


No comments: